Thursday, June 21, 2012

Random Recipe Post :)

What the heck? Where did all the time go? I haven't been taking care of my blog and it's been months since I have even looked at it....I'm a little bit ashamed, so I apologize for that. Now I know it's weird that I'm back without a post related to makeup but I really wanted to share something with you guys! I just made this for dinner and it was heavenly! Perfect for veggie lovers and so easily adjusted to suit your own tastes! It was my first time having a stuffed portabello mushroom cap, and I can say that it will DEFINITELY not be my last. Continue reading for the recipe :)

Stuffed Portobella Mushroom Caps: 

2 Large mushroom caps (you can find a 6oz pkg at Wal-Mart)
1/2 small onion (finely chopped)
2+ cloves of minced garlic (add more if you're a garlic fan like me)
2 C. fresh baby spinach Olive oil (to coat the mushrooms)
2 TBSP. bread crumbs
1 egg
1/4 C. Crumbled Italian Sausage (I used half a pkg of the precooked found near the pepperoni slices in the lunch meat section at Wal-Mart)
1/4 C. Parmesan or preferred cheese
Sliced cherry tomatoes to garnish
Sliced black olives to garnish
Salt and Pepper to taste


1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Sautee onions, and garlic- when almost done add in the spinach.
3. Cut out the stem on the inside of the mushroom cap- chop and add to onion/garlic/spinach mix.
4. Scrape out the mushroom's "gills" inside- I also added this to the mixture.
5. Spray all sides of the mushroom with the olive oil and place in your baking dish- inside facing up
6. Remove onion/garlic/spinach mixture from heat and add your egg- mix well
7. Add the breadcrumbs (along with salt and pepper to taste)- *edit- add sausage crumbles too*
8. Spoon equal parts of this mixture into the mushroom caps.
9. Sprinkle with cheese
10. Garnish with slices of tomato and olives
11. Bake 15-18 minutes until the toppings are golden brown and the mushroom is tender.
12. Enjoy the deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment