Sunday, October 2, 2011

First Impression | Medusa's Makeup












So, today while out shopping at a fun little boutique in the mall, I came across some of Medusa's Makeup. I had heard of it here and there, but have never tried it out so I went ahead and picked one up. Of course I went with purple since it's one of my favorite colors right now.  This color is called Electro Purple and it a magentaish (yes, I did just make that word up lol) purple. The guy there told me it doesn't need primer, but I have to disagree. For a lover of bright colors such as myself, I do indeed need primer. Without it, this shade seems to be somewhat sheer, and if I wanted a sheer shadow, well, I'd buy some cheap eyeshadow. However, with a white based primer- I used a NYX jumbo pencil in milk- it's pretty vibrant. These pressed shadows are only $8 which isn't too bad, and I looked up the website a few minutes ago and they actually have a great deal going on! You can get all 12 shades of pressed shadows for only $49, so that makes them like $4 each! There are a few other deals that are actually even better but I'm not going to get that in-depth here. You can check them out for yourself at www.medusasmakeup.com ---Oh, and before I forget to mention it, these are CRUELTY FREE! Yay for our furry friends! :) Would I recommend this product? Yes. Is it my favorite product? No, but I will definitely be picking up some more colors! Let me know what you think of Medusa's Makeup.
Overall Rating: 7/10

Packaging: 6/10 - The black & white box was hard to open without tearing it to bits, but the shadow container is easy to open, and has the cute Medusa's Makeup logo with the little eye. It's cute but nothing too special- then again, who cares more about the packaging than the product inside?
Pigmentation: 7/10 - Without a primer it's a little sheer, but some may like that. With primer though, it's totally amped up!
Blendabilty: 8/10 - It's a very smooth shadow that seems to blend out very easily
Price: 7/10 - at $8 per 2 gram eyeshadow, it's not as expensive as some of the more popular high end brands, but not as cheap as drug store. The quality is pretty good for the price.

1 comment: