Thursday, October 20, 2011

Nailed it! | Matte & Gloss

There's been some fuss raised over a stolen photo posted over on makeupbee.com from a certain user. If you frequent the site (which I highly recommend), then you probably saw the awesome nail art. It was a matte black polish with glossy black tips...in a word, it was amazing! I'm gonna give a shout-out and major props to Chloe over at Chloesnails.blogspot.com for the inspiration for this (the true owner of the above mentioned photo). For the look, I used a dark shimmery purple. The color is Starry Night by Nina Ultra Pro (available at Sally's). I painted on my base coat, then a layer of starry night, and once that dried, I went over it with Essie's Matte About You. Once that dried, I just did a freehand french tip with the starry night and topped it with Seche Vite top coat for that super glossy look. I think it's pretty cool because it's not something you usually see on nails.... 2 different finishes rocks in my book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment